Monday, November 28, 2011

Some Homebaked Goodness!

While perusing one of my favorite websites (Tastespotting - Love it!) I stumbled across this photo.

Photo found at Jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com

Don't these make you want to run into your kitchen and make a huge mess with flour? Because I certainly did! The recipe was a bit fiddly (I'm not a great baker) but totally crazy delicious.

I made these puppies for Thanksgiving this year (mine did NOT look that pretty) and after that small success, I decided to try some of her other recipes. Matt and I had the braided sandwich loaf last night, and man was it good (but again, not as pretty as hers turned out, but closer to the mark than the rolls. That means I'm getting better at this baking business, right?)! And since it makes two BIG loaves, I froze one of them before rising and baking for after the baby comes. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

So, if you're ever looking for some totally delicious recipes for dinner, side dishes or desserts, look no further! You won't be disappointed!

 

1 comment:

  1. Mostly pictures of good bread make me want to run out and find a good bakery -- I am terrible in the kitchen. I make excellent mashed potatoes, and I can cook pasta to the right doneness {in my opinion, two very good skills to have}, but otherwise I'm kind of a mess. My chocolate chip cookies, which I've been making since I was ten, have gotten progressively worse over the years.

    I am jealous of your skills. Also, that picture makes me incredibly hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...