Monday, November 7, 2011

Nesting

I think I'm finally feeling my nesting instincts kicking in. All I want to do is move furniture around. I don't necessarily want to clean anything. Just move things around. We've also been struggling with how to make the nursery/craft room and guest room work for us upstairs and I think I've finally figured it out. I honestly cannot believe it didn't occur to me sooner!

I really want to keep a guest room available for friends and family to stay at any time (because I know how much I love to sleep on a bed, rather than an air mattress). But I don't want to give up having a craft area. And since the baby will be here soon, we were basically trying to fit three rooms into two.

But I have realized that there is an unused room in our house with lots of storage built in and we won't have to sacrifice closet storage!!
We have since painted those cabinet doors white. It looks much better now. :)
Ta Da! I'm moving my craft stuff into the green room. Currently the most action it sees in a day is when I go get something from my "pantry". I don't even walk into that room that often!! So, when we were trying to figure out where to move my craft stuff, it dawned on me to utilize that space and all the shelves built into it! :) Here's the plan:

  • Reorganize the shelves so that the bottom shelves are empty for craft things
  • Add a DIY drop down table where the orange cabinets are in this picture, replacing the current cabinet doors. This is be my new desk
  • Make curtains to cover the bottom few shelves and revamp the current curtains that are covering the pantry
  • Move everything downstairs
I think it will be fantastic once it's done! Now I need to get to the really awful part and start organizing and cleaning out. Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...