Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

As I was prepping our Thanksgiving feast this morning, it struck me that this will be the last Thanksgiving Matt and I spend alone for a VERY long time, so I'm going to revel in the slow, relaxed pace of the day today. I'm not going overboard on anything. Just having the basics. No fine china, no fancy tablecloth, no flowers, just me and Matt enjoying some good food and thanking our lucky stars for our little girl on the way.

This year, I would have to say the thing I'm most grateful for is pinto bean. Matt and I didn't have the easiest time getting pregnant, so to be able to have kids without having to turn to fertility treatments was a blessing (both financially and emotionally). I'm grateful that Heavenly Father thinks well enough about Matt and I to bless us with one of his precious spirits and I hope we're able to be blessed a few more times (although, not too many more times!). I'm grateful that after a rough start to this pregnancy, things settled down into a more manageable discomfort. Throwing up and feeling nauseous ALL the time was no fun, and not sleeping for several weeks was no fun either. But the latter third has been more comfortable. And even though things are starting to be uncomfortable and I complain, I thank my lucky stars that I am not on bed rest, that my baby is perfectly healthy and active, and that I've made it this far into my pregnancy with very few problems.
 
I would be remiss if I did not mention my gratitude for my family, friends and especially my Savior for His love and sacrifice for me. I have a firm testimony in the love of Christ and how freely His love is given to all. 

I hope you are spending your Thanksgiving exactly how you want to this year (whether with family or not!) and that this day is full of gratitude and good food! And bonus, here's a photo of me from today. I'm almost 38 weeks. What?! When did that happen!
You can come out now!!

1 comment:

  1. You look so good! And you're almost there! Seriously not being pregnant is such a great feeling

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...