Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Favorite Things

Here are a few of my favorite things right now:

Sweet potato pie


No, not the blue grass band (found here and also very good!), but the actual pie. We got a boatload of sweet potatoes in our produce box and I've struggled with using them all up, so I decided to make pie. I used this recipe from Allrecipes.com and it is fantastic! I doubled the recipe because I had almost 3 pounds of sweet potatoes and thought it couldn't hurt to put more sweet potato in each pie. It turned out great! So much better than pumpkin pie (to me, at least!) and I could use some of my NC goodness.

Adele
Photo courtesy of www.adele.tv
I love this woman's voice! But I don't like her live. I've heard a few live recordings and the woman has some serious pitch and support issues that makes it hard to listen to. I also recently saw one of her videos on youtube and she was smoking. SMOKING!! Why is she trying to ruin her beautiful voice? I don't quite understand it, but I truly think she has a beautiful, rich quality to her voice that is so pleasant to listen to.

Pan Am
Photo courtesy of worldscrews.blogspot.com
What can I say? I'm a sucker for anything set in the 60's! I just love the fashion and the hairstyles! I also love that it follows the lives of the stewardesses. I've always loved flying and secretly wanted to be a flight attendant for a long time (until I realized they keep crappy hours/sleep schedules and are away from their families for long periods of time). The acting is passable, at best, and the plot is the same every episode, more or less, but I still love it. I can't help myself!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The Produce Box is a company that brings farm fresh produce from NC farms right to your door or in our case, to Matt's work. It's a great way to support local agriculture while getting some incredibly fresh and delicious fruits, veggies and sometimes nuts into your diet. You can check it out at www.theproducebox.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...