Friday, June 10, 2011

Put some windex

Image from www.cetaphil.com
Funny story from the beach. My mom insisted that we go to walmart with the express purpose of buying some cetaphil cream in the tub (coincidentally we ended buying a ton of food too, but the main reason was the cream). Not in the tube, not in the pump bottle, the tub. She claims it's different and works much better than all the others. Any way, the whole week, my mother kept telling us to slather our sunburns in this cream and trumpeting it's virtues any time she could.

I, being the oh-so obedient child, put the cetaphil on my burns. And when I got stung by a jellyfish (in a rather delicate spot), again my mother cried out, "Use the cetaphil!"

Now, cetaphil on the burns didn't really help them feel any better, but amazingly, it did help the jellyfish sting. I continued to put cetaphil on my burns until they stopped hurting, at which time I became lazy (I mean, I'd burnt my entire body pretty much and putting lotion all over takes forever) and stopped using the cream.

The amazing part was, she was right! Our beach trip was over 2 weeks ago and I'm just now peeling. And instead of the color peeling away (which is what normally happens), it's just the top, colorless layer! Amazing! I got burnt, kept my color, and didn't peel for two weeks! I think I'm a converted cetaphil user. No more aloe for me!

And the whole time my mother was telling us to use the cetaphil, I kept thinking about the father in "My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding" telling everybody to use windex on everything. I laughed every time she brought it up!




P.S. - I'm not going to apologize for the lack of pictures of my sunburnt body, or the creepy peeling that's going on right now. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...