Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Apollo Burger


Ah, my old friend! Where you can order pastrami as condiment. My Dad discovered this little chain of Greek burger joints when he was living in Utah a few months before my Mom moved out there. I go every time I visit them. It's tradition. I always order the gyro because it's delicious, but their other items are pretty good too. This place offers an Apollo Burger where you actually get pastrami as a condiment on top of your burger. Because, as you know, you can never have too much meat.

Most of the appeal of this place though is the one restaurant that is owned by a Greek fellow that used to live in Virginia. Every time my Dad and I walk in, the guy (whose name I cannot ever remember) warmly (and loudly) greets us and asks how Virginia is. After politely reminding him that I'm from North Carolina he simply remarks that wherever it is, it's humid.

And it's the same conversation every time I go. This guy always has a smile and even sings occasionally. He'll even throw in a free baklava from time to time when me or my sister visit. And even though the food is not five star caliber, that guy makes it completely worth it. I cannot remember where exactly this one particular restaurant is, but I'll ask my Dad. If you're ever in the South Jordan area, you should totally go and tell him you're from North Carolina.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've only eaten pastrami once in my life, but I think I really liked it. I think it might have been one of those instances where I'm super-hungry, so anything I eat tastes super-good. I think that's how it went.

    Have I told you my idea yet that you should turn your blog into a food blog? I think you'd be way good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those hamburger places....Crown Burger, Apollo Burger, Astro Burger.....and the fry sauce is so good.....I haven't been to one of those places since I got back.....will put it on my list!!! Tried to tell Wayne about them and he said as many times as he has been to Utah he has never heard of any of them.......but he is a Taco Bell, Burger King, Kfc,or Wendy's person.....I actually know one of the owner's of the crown burger location.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...