Sunday, June 19, 2011

I am a dead-eye shot... sorta

So, this last week, I spent in the "wilds" of Randleman NC at girl's camp and let me tell you, it was quite a week. Several things went wrong this year and I am really glad to be home. I was telling my mother that I am so glad to be home, but I would definitely go back again, next year.

Don't you just love the way those harnesses are so flattering?
So the weather was pretty nice Wednesday and we had a great time. Thursday started out horribly, having had the lights thrown on at 6:30 in the morning and our ward ended up with an incredible amount of free time that day. The girls were bored and we didn't have enough for them to do. Finally, the stake leadership pulled all the ward camp leaders together for a meeting to let us know there was a girl at camp found with lice. Everyone had been exposed as we were all sharing helmets for the high ropes course. I was really happy that they let me go up (being pregnant and all) and the zip line was amazing!

They wanted to send everyone home, but left it up to us to decide for our wards. I figured we would stay but I would give them girl's individually the option to call their parents to go home. None of the girls wanted to go home since they'd all already been exposed.

The next morning, we were checked for lice and none of us had it (or had it yet), so we went about our day on Friday. Friday was incredibly hot, but at least, we were occupied! We had archery that day and I'm incredibly proud to say, that this happened on my first shot.
Can you say dumb luck?

Any way, after dinner, the stake leadership wanted to send us home again, but most everybody wanted to stay (because what's the difference between packing up that night or packing up in the morning?) We had a lovely testimony meeting and bishop's night, which ended up with ice cream sundaes and cracking up to funny stories into the wee hours of the night.

We woke up the next morning, did our cleaning assignments and pulled out! And we weren't the last ones to leave (like every other year I've been to camp)!! I was so excited! We brought the girl's back, and then I came home, threw everything I could into the wash (to kill any little critters), lice shampooed my hair (which smelled awful), having Matt comb out my hair, then collapsing into my bed for the next two and a half hours. It was glorious. I think I'm still slightly dehydrated, because I have a nagging headache and I've thirsty all day today and yesterday.

Any way, I'm glad to be home (hopefully lice free) and only a little worse for wear. And I'm seriously considering taking up archery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...