Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm workin' on a baby quilt

I'm not like most other expectant mothers out there. Instead of wanting to go out and buy all things pink and frilly when we found out we were having a girl, I started thinking about making my daughter a beautiful quilt.

I'm using this pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew.

It's a pretty simple pattern (which is good since this is my first quilt) and I liked the colors they used in the example so much that I am using the same fabrics they used. Right now, I'm in the cutting stage and will soon embark on the lay-everything-out-then-sew-it-all-together phase. I'll post progress photos as I continue to work on it. Wish me luck! And if you have any tips on how to quilt, or a method that works great for you, let me know! I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I like those fabrics a lot. Just a speck of blue is fun. I made all of our baby blankets (didn't have time or budget for quilts at the time), and they're wonderful. Two pieces of flannel at 1 1/4 yards, just square the edges, sew with a 1/2" seam allowance, turn right side out, close the hole, and stitch around the whole thing 1" inside the edges. They're easy and so so nice. I wouldn't say ours look new anymore, but they are definitely holding up. I still have two that my mom made me and Jesse the same way, so, yes. I also have a cute pattern for a baby dress with puffy sleeves - find a good one. You'll have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...