Saturday, February 18, 2012

Operation: Date Night

As I previously mentioned, for Matt's Valentine's day gift I planned 12 dates to be used once a month for the next year. I put a lot of effort into finding a mixture of things to do; some for the whole family, some just for us, some with friends and some that are cheap or free. As this next year goes along, I'll post pictures and a brief recap of our dates! Here are the activities I have planned for the next year:


March 
  • Dinner at Oakwood Cafe and Ben Folds and NC Symphony concert at Meymandi Hall
April
  • Strawberry picking at a local farm, then making jam and/or syrup afterwards
May
  • Picnic lunch in Pullen Park then tour the NC State JC Raulston Arboretum 
June
  • Dinner at the Village Draft House and walk around the NC State Rose Garden
July
  • Durham Bulls game with friends on the grass
August
  • Movie's by Moonlight at Koka Booth Amphitheater
September
  • Concerts at the Hopscotch Music Festival in downtown Raleigh
October
  • A day at Carowinds of Busch Gardens (this has been 7 years in the making!!) 
November
  • Renaissance Festival with our friends in Charlotte
December
  • Cinderella play at the Raleigh Little Theater
                    ~or~
  • Ice Skating at Raleigh Winterfest and dinner at Mellow Mushroom
January
  • Swing dancing in Durham
February 
  • Indy Evening (We'll pick up a copy of the Indy and pick that week's date from there) 

I'm so excited about these dates! I'm so happy that for the next year, I'm guaranteed at least one date a month for the next year! Wahoo! And if anybody is interested in going on a double date for some of these, let me know! I think it would be fun to get a huge group of people together to go to the Bulls game this summer. If we can get at least 20 people going, we can get a group ticket discount. Any way, here's to Operation: Date Night!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I saw it on another blog and thought it would be fun to do. Only problem I have is David isn't always home every month...I'll have to figure something out for next year though. Your dates sound super fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I totally stole this idea from someone else's blog! You know what you could do though, you could pre-plan a bunch of dates and be able to just pull them out when he is home!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...