Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Gender Party

So being the non-conformists that we are (ha ha!), we decided to find out what we were having in an interesting way: A cake.

I had my ultrasound Monday, the 18th. We informed the ultrasound tech of our plan and agree to help us out. When it was time for her to determine the gender, she told us not to watch the screen and printed out a separate picture, which she proceeded to put a few staples in (so we couldn't sneak a peek). I then drove it to Fuquay to the lady who was baking our cake for us (because there was no way I could have that photo in my possession very long and not want to peek!).

I then had to pick the cake up on Thursday. Thursday people! The party wasn't until Saturday!!! It was hard opening the fridge and having that box just sit there and mock me every time. But Saturday finally arrived (as well as a few guests) and we cut the cake. Here's the reaction:
I love that Matt is trying to play it cool, like he doesn't care.

Initial reactions

"Having sunk in" reactions (can you tell I really wanted a girl?)

You can't see it, but I started tearing up at this point I was so happy.

It was wonderful to be able to share that moment with friends and family (Matt, computer nerd that he is, streamed the whole party live on the internet for our family who live far, far away).

all in all, I don't think I'll find out this way again. There was way too much suspense. :) I think we'll just have our excited moment in the doctor's office.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. Was that a sally p. cake? yumm. Ya'll are so creative! I'm so excited for you. Let me know if you need help making your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...