Thursday, July 26, 2012

I am boring right now

So right now, my life is pretty boring. I wake up with Evie, play with her all day and then go to bed and do it all again. I've had no motivation to do anything crafty or try to finish organizing my craft space downstairs. Currently it's a mess and I just can't seem to get motivated to do something about it. I think a large part of that comes from my tiredness (all I want to do is sleep... don't judge). And part of it comes from the fact that I just haven't figured out how to balance being a mom and loving on my little girl with the day to day upkeep on the house. Currently, the house gets progressively dirtier and dirtier until Matt starts really complaining about it or we have someone coming over and then I clean like crazy. I look at all the other moms who seem to have it all figure out and wonder how they got there. Part of me thinks I'll never get there and I'll just have to live in a dirty house, but part of me thinks there's some secret that I'm missing. Oh well, I suppose I'll figure it out eventually.

On an unrelated note, I noticed I haven't posted any recipes lately and thought I should share this one (it's a good one too!) that I got from my Uncle Scott. I love this salad! I would never have thought they herbs de provence would work in something like this, but it does. It's really scrumptious! I know you'll love it!

Avocado Black Bean Salad

Juice and zest 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
1 tsp herbs de provence
1/4 cup olive oil

2 avocados coarsley diced  (make dressing first, add avocados first to prevent browning)

1 - can black beans
1 - can whole corn
Drain and rinse  beans and corn. Allow to drain well.  ( should be as dry as possible)  Add to dressing.

1/4 to 1/2 red onion, sliced as thin as possible. Cover with water in shallow bowl, add 2 tbsp sugar,stir,let sit for at least 30 min. Drain,bot don,t rinse, fold into the rest.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...