Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oh Canada!

Phew! I need a vacation from my vacation! We were in Canada for 13 days. And it was wonderful! It was so nice to see all of my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandpa, especially since I haven't seen most of them for close to 10 years!

First, let me say that I and *so* proud of my little girl. She was a champ on the flights up and on the first leg of our trip home. The last flight was late and there was a maintenance problem with one of the door hatches so we were stuck sitting in the plane in Dallas, with 100 degree heat, a VERY full flight and no AC for quite a while. Evie was sweating and uncomfortable, so of course she was going to make it known to the world. I don't blame her one bit. Any way, she charmed all the people around her eventually, so I think they all forgave us.

Any way, I just loved the time we spent visiting family in Calgary, Lethbridge and Cardston. And I loved that I could introduce Evie and Matt to my side of the family. The only thing that could possibly have made the trip better was if my brother and sister could've been there with us. And being around all of my family makes me wish (only a very little bit, mind you) that we lived in Canada.

I didn't take as many pictures as I should've of my extended family, but I didn't want to spoil any moments with the flash of my camera. My family just isn't candid photos takers. We do some obligatory family pictures, but never do we snap photos while we're talking, or hanging out. I think it's just that we want to focus fully on the conversation and company, rather than think about taking pictures. Oh well. Of course I did take quite a few pictures. I think I maybe have found my favorite thing to photograph though: flowers. Any way, I'm going through the photos and picking my favorites (it's been really hard!!) and I'll upload them soon. I'm just so glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...