Monday, March 21, 2011

Unexpected things

So,  you know how I talked about auditioning for Hello Dolly? Well, it bore some unexpected fruits! I was talking to a friend of mine at church about it and then her son piped in and asked if I would be the head director for a musical our church is putting on. I was so excited and nervous at the same time! I don't have a lot of experience and all of that experience happened years ago, but I love musical theater so much! However, I know how the youth can be and told myself that it really wasn't going to happen and for a while, it looked like that was going to be the case.

But is isn't! It's actually happening and I'm so excited for the opportunity to work on this! We're doing a 40's musical review that will be set in the 40's during a ward bond benefit dinner. I'm writing the script (there will be very little dialogue) and we're using most of the music from another review called All Night Strut. I wish we could just do All Night Strut, but we're keeping it to a one act show and ANS is two.

Our first meeting is this week and I'm scrambling to get things together and to thing of a story that can flow easily in between the songs. I'm also equally grateful for the prescence of Courtney, my "assistant (which actually will be her telling me what to say and sound director-ey) director. Honestly I think she should be the head director and me be the stage manager or something, but she's leaving on a mission a few weeks before the production so she declined.

Any way... I can't wait to get into this project and I'll try to post pictures periodically about the show! I hope you all will come! I'll definitely let you know when the show dates have been finalized!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...