Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just when you think you're life is boring...

Some crazy stuff happens. And doesn't it always seem to happen all at once?

Last weekend, my roommate moved out. No, I don't mean my husband (although he's gone enough I might sometimes consider him as such). I mean, my good friend Shelly. It's been such a blessing in my life to have Shelly living with me while Matt's gone. There's something creepy about sleeping in a house by yourself and it's been so wonderful to get that much closer with her! I'm really going to miss her!

So, I took Shelly out to Kanki the other night (her favorite) and I missed three phone calls from my mom. I jokingly said that when someone calls that often it never means something good. Oh how I was right. It turned out that my sister had to have some emergency surgery and mom wanted me to drive out to Burlington to take care of my niece. So of course I ran home, packed a bag and drove out there. My sister is fine and the surgery went well, but it was a little scary for a while. She came home yesterday evening, which meant I got to play with E for a whole day!

Unfortunately, Megan ran a high fever Sunday and I was called back in for round two. I'm going home tomorrow and I can definitely say I've learned a thing or two about what it means to be a mom! Even though E is the most well behaved child on the planet, she still is a handful sometimes! I love her to bits (even though she tried to pee on me). I'll post some pictures when I get back to my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...