Sunday, May 9, 2010

Busy-ness

For the first time since I graduated, I felt legitimately busy this past week and a half. I ran around and got some headshots taken, auditioned for Annie (for which I did not get a part), worked, lost a pound and a half, and bought a new dryer which we have stacked on top of our washer. This is to be the subject of my post. :)

We've been throwing around the idea of stacking the washer and dryer to create a pantry space in our actual pantry. I know! Brilliant, right?! The space where the washer and dryer currently reside is in one of the most awkward places, but since I don't want to mess with totally remodeling our entire downstairs to create a more usable laundry room, We're going to change the players a little bit.

By stacking the wash and dryer, we can put in shelving from the floor to the ceiling, allowing me to actually use the pantry to store things. Currently, there are shelves above the washer and dryer. But me being the short shorty I am, those shelves are about as useful and an extra nipple.

Currently, we're in the process of moving them and I don't suspect we'll actually finish the project until late. I have to say, that for the tight space constraints, I did a most excellent job. :) I made breakfast bowls from my new favorite cookbook (which I'm planning to review after I've cooked a couple of the recipes from it) but because I didn't have any oven proof little bowls, I had to cooked it as one giant casserole (which now I think of it, it basically is a quiche). It took *forever*, so we ended up ordering pizza. I hate it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...