Thursday, May 27, 2010

Why do we do what we do to ourselves in the name of beauty?

I've recently become a girl, I think. At least, that is what my husband has been complaining of. I grew up a tom-boy and only recently figured out how to do my own hair. I still get in fights with my blow dryer every now and then, but for the most parts, we're good acquaintances.

Any way, he complains that I'm becoming more and more worried about my appearance. Which is partly true. I have a bit more free time on my hands, so I can actually spare some space on my iceberg of a brain for thinking about my hair, makeup etc. I've also started highlighting my hair and painting my nails more often.

Does this make me a girl? I still don't mind getting dirty and I believe I know more than your average female about computers and audio-visual components. But I have come to appreciate highlighted hair, and a well put together outfit. I still only wear make-up to church and dates, but I sort of know how to put it on and not look scary. Does this make me a girl? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...