Saturday, March 13, 2010

I know, I know!!

I know I said I was taking a blogging hiatus, but I honestly thought that I would be in Canada at this point for my grandmother's funeral. So, I've been hanging out with the fam in Utah. My grandmother did pass away two nights ago and we would've left yesterday, but my grandad decided to hold the funeral on the 19th. Matt and I will be in Vegas at that point and my parents aren't going to be driving up to Canada until next Tuesday, so here I sit.

I've already had a few culinary adventures while I've been here, though. I had my first In-and-Out burger. They've opened one a few minutes from my parents house and my little brother said that I must try one. While I've heard people wax lyrical about these burgers, I was a little skeptical about the hype. Not one to be drawn to burgers (I never have. Even when I was little my mom said I would order the chicken sandwich), I went expecting a middle of the road experience.

When we got to the restaurant, I searched for the menu and was surprised to see four things on it: Double Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Hamburger and Fries. Graciously, my brother offered to pay, but after looking at the menu again, it was no big gesture! The burgers are dang cheap!

I ordered the cheeseburger (because what self-respecting burger doesn't have cheese), fries and a drink. Here's what came.



The thing was huge! I actually ordered the cheeseburger with onions. They didn't just put a few onion rings on there either. They put a whole slice of onion-y goodness on that sucker! I have to admit, of the fast burgers available, they are some of the most tasty. In the top three at least. I think right after cookout burgers, and then Five Guys double cheeseburger with bacon (because what self-respecting burger doesn't have bacon as well!!). All in all a surprisingly delicious experience. I don't know if we'll ever get an In-and-Out in Raleigh, but if they do, I'm sure I'll be a frequent customer.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered about In-N-Out, because I've heard so many people rave about them. But here's my question: if they aren't as good as Cookout burgers, then why {if both were nearby} would you go to In-N-Out at all? Cookout burgers are dang good, and I love {lovelovelovelovelove more than I can explain} their onion rings; the only problem I have with Cookout is that I always get a mustard splotch on my shirt, which is hard to get out in the laundry. One shirt I own is permanently stained; I tell people I wore it when I painted my dining room, because my dining room is the exact color of a mustard stain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because variety is the spice of life, my friend. :) I get bored with food if I eat it too regularly. And I definitely would not want to get bored with Cookout. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...