Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Olympics

I love watching the Olympics! And as much as I hate the cold and the snow, I don't mind watching other people play in it so much. In fact, one of my favorite things growing up was watching figure skating with my mom. She was obsessed! Any way, I love sitting and watching other people exert themselves excessively, especially sports like short track skating or cross country skiing. I like the short track because the race is relatively short ( I have the attention span of a... oooh what's that over there?!) and there is actually a lot of strategy involved in the race.

And much like Michael Phelps is my pretend boyfriend during the summer games, Apollo Ono is my pretend boyfriend during the winter Olympics. However, he's facing some pretty steep competition (on the pretend boyfriend front) from figure skating's Evan Lysacek. It's no surprise that the guy is a model during his down time (although I'm not convinced Olympic athletes know what down time is). He placed second in the men's short program tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the free skating on Thursday!

What are you favorite events in the winter games? Leave your favs in the comments!

 
                            Apolo Ohno                                                              Evan Lysacek 

Images courtesy of commons.wikimedia.org

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short track all the way, although I watched the Womens Skicross last night and that was really exciting. Where did you get that picture of Apollo without his stupid signiture headband on, can you be sure that it's really him?

    February 24, 2010 10:00 AM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...