Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Recipe time!

Ok, so I love recipes that are super simple (ie. less than 10 ingredients and less that 5 steps) and this one is so great! A couple of weeks ago, our Relief Society teacher brought in these bags and asked up to smush them up with our hands. So, we smushed! And at the end of the lesson (which I cannot for the life of me remember what it was about), we had fudge! Crazy, right? It was delicious! I was craving chocolate big time tonight so I decided to try it out myself. I even got a little crazy and mixed in some mini marshmallows in half of it.

Family Fudge
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter or margarine

  1. Place all ingredients in a zip lock back.
  2. Force all the air out of the bag.
  3. Mush around until the mixture is homogenous
This is a great idea for an FHE snack! During the lesson, have everyone in the family take turns squishing the bag and at the end, you'll have fudge! I found that double bagging was a necessity as I popped the first bag with my overzealous squishing. If you have leftovers (which I highly doubt), store them in the fridge in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...