Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Delicious...

I set out to make chicken enchiladas the other night. It didn't go quite as planned, but it was still delicious! Try it out! It's super easy if you have some left over cooked chicken!

Chicken Enchilada Oops

Ingredients:
  • 1 - can cream of chicken soup
  • 4 oz of sour cream (about 1/2 cup give or take)
  • 1 1/2 cup of cooked chicken diced (about two breasts)
  • 1 - can rotel
  • 1/4 medium onion chopped
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp of chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp dried cilantro
  • grated cheese
  • corn tortillas
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the cream of chicken soup and sour cream together in a bowl. Soften the onion in the butter in a small frying or sauce pan on medium heat. Add the salt, pepper and spices to the onions and butter. Allow the spices to mingle for a little while in the pan and then add the cooked chicken and the can of mostly drained rotel (if you didn't use pre-cooked chicken you can cook the chicken in the spice mixture too, just wait to add the rotel until after the chicken is cooked). Allow the chicken to heat through and grease a 9x9 baking dish. Put just enough of the sour cream and chicken soup mixture to cover the bottom of the pan to make the tortillas stay put. Layer the corn tortillas on top of that (I would tear the tortillas in half to help get complete coverage of the pan). On top of the tortillas, I put some of the chicken mixture and them layered that with cheese. On top of that, I layered until I was out of chicke mixture tortilla, soup mixture, chicken mixture, cheese, tortillas, soup mixture etc... End with the tortilla and chicken mixture on top. Put a whole mess of chese on top. Put the pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.


When I started the recipe, I tried rolling the corn tortillas, but they were really dry and refused to roll without cracking, so I made a lasagna. I don't eat traditional lasagnas, but I will definitely make this one again. Even Matt (the King of flavorless food) liked it. I think I'm seeing a southwest trend in my recipe adventures... Hmmmm... Any way, I loved it! Try it, I know you'll love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...