Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Break: Boston

This spring break, Matt and I went to Boston and New Hampshire. I'd never really seen Boston and Matt's brother and his family live in New Hampshire. I was so excited while planning this trip! What I didn't think about was that it is still solidly winter in Boston this time of year. It was incredibly cold while we were there. So, we left Raleigh on Tuesday and stayed through Thursday and of course it was the coldest while we were in Boston and walking everywhere we wanted to go (because we chose to use the subway instead of renting a car or taking taxi's). We went to the aquarium, the Old North Church, the Paul Revere House (even though we didn't actually go inside) and saw Quincy Market. And on top of that we did a lot of shopping. I got some really cute black dress shoes and a cute red top. :) Here's a picture of us waiting for the subway.


And here are some adorable penguins at the aquarium. They were snuggling and holding "hands". :) I think the one of the left is playing hard to get.


Here's some of the signs inside of Quincy Market.


Any way, it was a lot of fun and our hotel was wonderful! When we checked in, I explained that I had accidentally booked a handicap accessible room and that we didn't really need it and if they could put us in the same, but non-handicap accessible room, that we would appreciate it. The lady at the front desk upgraded our room for free to one of the deluxe room with a panoramic view of the city. It was so beautiful!


The second night in Boston, we made a reservation at Top of the Hub for dinner. The restaurant is on the top of one of the tallest buildings on Boston and offers a panoramic view of the city. We had a wonderful dinner with a spectacular view! Unfortunately, my our camera was in my cost pocket which I checked before we were seated, so we didn't get any pictures. But the night was clear and the city was beautiful all lit up at night.

The next day, we took a commuter train to Lowell, where Jenny picked us up at took us back to their home. All in all, it was a great trip (even if it was cold) and I wish we had had more time to see things. I think I definitely want to go back when it's warmer to see more of the city!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...