1. Post these rules.
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
5. Tag 11 people.
1. If you could go back to school and major in something different what would it be?
I think I'd be happy doing a lot of different things. Sometimes I think I should go back and get my music degree because it's about as useful as my nutrition degree (in terms of me getting a job after college), but sometimes I think I should've gone to culinary school or animal sciences with the end goal of being a vet. But mostly, I think about how much it would cost for me to do any of those things and I lie down until the urge passes.
2. What is your go to outfit when you want to look good, and you're in a hurry?
None of them? I don't really have a lot of clothes that fit me just right any more. Dang pregnancy. I mostly end up crying on Sunday because I can't wear my sweats to church like I do every other day of the week.
3. If you could only watch one tv show over and over, what show would you pick?
Oooh, tough call. I'd have to say either Arrested Development or Gilmore Girls. Arrested Development just gets funnier and funnier every time I watch it and Gilmore Girls has always had a special place in my heart.
4. What's your favorite book, or the first that came to mind?
For a long time it was The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, but now I think it's probably Twilight. HA HA HA HA HA! I couldn't even write that with a straight face. But no seriously, my favorite book is usually whatever I'm reading at the particular moment, but I've always loved Jane Austen anything.
5. If your life had a theme song what would it be?
Not sure, but it would most likely be a super campy show tune.
6. Who is someone you miss having in your life (from moving away, passing away, just busy whatever)?
This is a tough question to answer without saying names (because I'm pretty sure they read my blog), but suffice it to say, they were once in my life in a very big way and now they aren't, even though they are still near by. I miss being able to talk about everything and anything with them and for a long time I was lost without them. I think I'm finally figuring out how not to have a best friend (outside of my marriage. Of course Matt is in my BESTEST friend) and be ok with that.
7. Would you rather be tired for the rest of your life or hungry?
I have been perpetually both for about 5 months, so I would definitely say tired. I can push through the tired, but I can't handle the hunger.
8. Who is someone you admire and would like to emulate?
I truly admire anyone who has grace under pressure. I feel like I can pull it together if I have time to prepare, but put me on the spot or under a stressful situation and I get flustered, upset and usually start to tear up a little. I've always wished I could be confident in my ability to speak and be able to come up with just the right thing to say on demand. I feel like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail, where she explains that she can never come up with zingers until after the fact. I feel like that ALL the time, but not just zingers. It's everything. I usually just end up saying something awkward and then feeling like an idiot.
9. What is your favorite game?
What are we talkin' here? Board? Card? Party? Camp? The answers to that are: Quelf (with the right crowd), Nerts or Ligretto (same thang, different name), love your neighbor *awesome!!) and glow-in-the-dark tag.
10. If you had to leave your home forever and could only take a few "valuables" what would you take?
It's funny, I asked Matt this after thinking about it and it was interesting to compare his answers to mine. I would bring (assuming I've already gotten the baby) the laptops (they've got all the pictures), Truman, and depending on the circumstances, my piano or flute. He would bring the phones, important documents, laptops, checkbook and Truman. So practical.
11. What grocery item do you regularly splurge on?
I usually splurge on fresh produce or anything organic. If you'd asked me 6+ months ago, I would've said ice cream. Unfortunately, Baby Girl has put an end to dairy for me and I've found after all this time, I don't miss it all that much.
My 11 Questions
- What is one beauty product you can't live without?
- Silver or Gold?
- If you could magic genie yourself three wishes, what would they be?
- What is one talent you wish you had?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is your dream vacation?
- If you could pick a species of life to be reincarnated as, what would you be?
- What is the one thing you could do for hours and never get bored with?
- What was the happiest day of your life?
- If you could be in any of the Olympic events (summer or winter), which one would you choose?
- What is your very first memory?