Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Racing Year: An Explanation

So, this year, as one of my goals, I decided to run a half marathon. It was a goal to get me back into exercising and to get me in shape post-baby. I haven't picked the half marathon yet (because the Outer Banks race is on a Sunday. Boo.) but I figured I should start off slowly by signing up for races throughout the year. My first race is coming up on April 1st (yes, I realize it's a Sunday too, but I didn't realize that until after I registered. Luckily it's General conference weekend so I don't have to find a sub for teaching or playing the organ!) and I'm getting pretty psyched! I've been able to go running after Matt get's home from work and the occasional Saturday and I've worked up to running 2 miles without stopping! Hopefully I'll be able to run the whole 5k without needed to walk, even if walking might actually be faster than my running sometimes.

Any way, I've decided this year is going to be known in my personal history as the racing year. I'm going to try to sign up for a minimum of 3 races (one 5k, one 10k and the half marathon), but I'd like to run more in order to get myself worked up to the necessary mileage to tun 13.1 miles. I've had somewhat of a rocky start due to working around nursing and Matt being home, but I'm working towards it little by little. So wish me luck on April Fool's Day!

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...