Friday, March 9, 2012

French Onion Burger Sliders

I cannot tell you how delicious these burgers were! And the best part was that I didn't even miss the cheese! Try these! I know you'll love them too!

Not my French Onion Burger, but and an equally delicious burger from In-and-Out

French Onion Burgers

Makes 6 sliders or 3 regular sized burgers

Ingredients
  • 1 lb of ground beef
  • 1 packet of onion soup mix
  • 1 tablespoon of spicy brown mustard
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 T olive oil
  • pinch of salt 
  • burger accessories (lettuce, tomato, ketchup, etc.)
Directions
  1. Mix the ground beef with the onion soup mix and mustard. (This makes a strong onion flavored burger. If you want to back down the flavor {which I don't recommend unless you have an anti-onion person in the house}, only use half of the packet)
  2. Slice your onion into half moon shapes and caramelize in a frying pan with the olive oil and salt. 
  3. While the onions are getting yummy, shape the burger meat into 6 small patties.
  4. Once the onions are done, remove them from the pan and fry your burgers. (If you must has cheese, add a slice after you've flipped them)
  5. Assemble your burger with desired toppings and onions. (I put on lettuce, tomato, mayo and ketchup)
I also made fresh rolls to put my burgers on. I used these rolls and they were (and are!) fantastic and easy to make!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...