Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy-ness

So between the musical and working out, I've found a new passion in my life.


 
I just can't describe how wonderful it feels to be able to control an animal who is much much larger and heavier than I am. It is a total confidence booster and has helped me gain perspective on how to handle things in my life.


I've been riding a few weeks now and I'm loving it! I don't even mind the smell (as my husband can attest to I've always had the nose of a bloodhound). I can't say it's my favorite yet, but it's not bad either.



Right now the fastest I'm going is a trot, but it's plenty fast sometimes. My favorite horse likes to trot at a pretty good clip, unlike the first horse I was on (Artie did not like to go anywhere and would try to bite me while I was grooming him).



Riding is nothing like I thought it would be. I mean, I expected to have an ear to ear grin on my face after lessons, but I did not expect the direction it's given my life lately. I feel empowered and confident. And it doesn't hurt that it's a good workout too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...