Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teri's Ridiculous Frosting

Ok, so my first day of work was... interesting. I pretty much screwed up big time in the first 3 hours of work, met with a client, became a running joke, and subsequently fell in love with the ladies I work with.
Any way, we're having a potluck tomorrow for a client who's turning 103. (Yeah, I know! That's amazing!!) I volunteered to bring chocolate cake. It's the same cake recipe I used for my sister-in-law's wedding. But, because I messed up the batter on the first time around, I didn't have enough cocoa powder for the frosting recipe. So I made one up. And it was ridiculously good. :) Here it is!

Teri's Ridiculous Frosting
  • 6 oz (or half a bag) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbls chocolate sauce
 Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave and stir until smooth. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer (because this next part will be *really* difficult without it) beat the softened cream cheese into the melted chocolate. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and chocolate sauce and continue to beat until smooth and fluffy. If you want your frosting stiffer, add more powdered sugar until it reaches the desired consistency. Likewise, if you want your frosting more fluid, add more chocolate sauce.

I think I might be in love with my new creation. *sigh* I'll try to get a picture of the cake tomorrow before we cut into it. :)

*update* So, I got to work that morning and frosted the cake (so it wouldn't get smeared all over the lid to my cake pan) and then they told me that I would be going on a client visit during the party. I got to meet and read to a pretty amazing woman, but when I got back, the cake was gone! So, no photos of the cake other than the ones taken by the official A Helping Hand camera, so I don't know if I'm allowed to post them or not... Any way, everyone said the frosting was delicious! I'm glad the cake was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...