Thursday, May 1, 2008

Exams

I hate school right now. Ok, so I don't hate school, but I do hate exams! They stink!! I had to take all my exams this semester which normally isn't such a bad thing, except that they have all been HARD! I had food science on Monday, organic chemistry on Wednesday (which I failed), nutrition today (which I did well on), Calculus tomorrow and statistics on Monday. These last two exams should be a little bit easier... Hopefully. :)

Yesterday, as a reward for throughly failing my chemistry exam, I went out to lunch with Mary for her birthday. I have decided that I'm over Olive Garden. I used to think it was a pretty ok place to go eat. I don't know if it's just the fact that everything there really tastes the same or if it's the not so stellar service or what, but I'm over it. I'm not saying it's a bad place to go, I'm just over it. Maybe it's the fact that everyone goes there. Hmmm.... Otherwise, I had a nice time with Mary. It was really awesome to catch up with her now that the wedding craziness is over. :)

In other recent news, Matt and I put an offer on a house on Monday!! We saw the house on Friday and fell in love. It was a wonderful house on a great lot. "Was" being the operative word. Upon further inspection, we saw a lot of things that would have to be replaced with the house (roof, pipes, siding, HVAC - a must in the summer) and that in order for us to come out on top, we'd have to stay in that house for a while. It's not that we have any current plans to move, but you never know what life will hand you. Any way, so when we learned about these, we adjusted our offer accordingly. We offered a good 20,000 less than the list price and was met with a resounding, no thank you. The house was overpriced to begin with too. Any way, let's all have a moment of silence for the loss of the option. :) Any way, we're still looking and hopefully we'll find something soon, as in before our lease is up in July.

I think I've about decided to get my PhD one day. I'm know I was just complaining about school, but I think I want to teach on the university level in addition to doing research. I've been working in a lab on campus and I love it. I don't know that I love it enough to have that be the only thing I do. Any way, I'm not sure if I would do food science or nutrition or both! I don't know! I love them both! Food is so interesting! But so if what the body does with the food!! ACK! *sigh* I suppose that I'll figure it out eventually. :)

Here's a tasty morsel that I will leave you with. It is awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...