Saturday, January 14, 2012

One Month Old...

I cannot believe I am writing this post already. Baby Girl (as she is known in this house) is one month old yesterday. Seriously, when did that happen?!
Mommy-daughter cuddle time
Mere moments after birth. She's so tiny!
I have realized that I am not going to be one of those mom's who dresses up her daughter. Maybe part of it is that she doesn't fit in her 0-3 month old clothes at all and I refuse to buy more newborn sized clothes (because they'll only fit her a few more days). So pretty much she has one outfit that fits her, pictured here,

here,

here,

and here.



Baby girl does not sleep much. She averages somewhere between 10-11 hours in a 24 hour period, although I will say that most of that sleep is through the night. She will usually go right back to sleep after waking up to eat between the hours of midnight and 8 AM (thank goodness!). So at least there's that.
Love those sleep smiles
How come you can't be like this more often, baby girl?
Also, she's got crazy neck control. I blame/credit Matt for this. He isn't very good at supporting her head and so she's had to learn to do it on her own. Other milestones include her first real smile (it was so sweet!), her umbilical stump finally falling off at three weeks, and blasting past her birth weight at her 1 week check up. As of Tuesday, she weighed 8 lbs 13 oz. Go Baby Girl! You get that 47th percentile!

At the doctor's office


Chillin' with Dad
Truman is adjusting to her quite well. His first reaction was to run away when she started crying, but now he'll sniff her if Matt brings her close enough to him, even when she's crying. So far, I'm hopeful about their relationship.

I didn't quite catch it, but when I started taking the picture, all of them had their eyes closed.

All in all, I'm totally in love with this crying, poop machine and cannot kiss her face enough.

But seriously, though... Stop growing Baby Girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...