Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I've been robbed!

No, really, I was robbed! Matt got a sweet reward from RedHat for doing a great job to the tune of 500 dollars at amazon. I know right!? Apparently, he saved the company he's working for from certain doom, so I guess it was worth it. :)

Any way, he asked me if there was something I wanted. I thought about it and decided on a Kindle. I have been going back and forth on the e-reader fence and I can see pros and cons for both, like a Kindle won't have that musty smell that old books have and it won't be as easy to flip through pages, but I can bring several books with me (including my scriptures which weight a ton) in one convenient package.

So, we ordered it on Monday and it was supposed to arrive at my parent's house yesterday, as I'm visiting them for two weeks. The driver delivered the package at 2:47. I went out to check at about 3:45 and it was gone. We thought maybe it was at a neighbors house, so I walked around and checked. My mom called her friends to see if they have seen anything, but alas, my kindle was no where to be found.

I called Fed-Ex who had the driver drop by our house to make sure he delivered it to the correct address, and called amazon. Luckily, because I had gone through a lot of terrible muzak on the Fed-Ex phones, amazon said they'd ship me a new one right away. It was pretty painless and the people I talked to on the phone were very sympathetic.

This morning, I filed a police report. It's the first time I've ever done that. Weird. And I did it online. Weirder. I chatted with Officer Ryan Phillips of South Jordan's finest about the details, and that was that. I doubt they'll find it, but both Fed-ex and Amazon suggested that I file a report.

I wouldn't think my parent's neighborhood as being sketch, but apparently we live on the outskirts of polite society (read dripping with sarcasm).

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Amazon.com great? I dropped my kindle (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!) a few weeks back and they sent me a new one within two days and sent me a prepaid shipping label for the return! They have the best warranty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...