Thursday, February 26, 2009

Late night ponderings

I hesitate to write this post, but I don't really have anything else to do. (Well, that's not true. I could always study. HA! yeah right!!)

Any way, I was wondering, why do guys slap each other on the bum to say good job? Why can't they just high five or perform a manly fist bump? I can understand why they don't want to hug (although I don't understand why hugging is such a girly thing to begin with), but why the butt slap?

Also, have you ever noticed that girls almost always instinctively walk through doors before guys do? If guys and gals arrive at a door at the same time, usually the girl will open the door (that is, of course, unless the guy was brought up right and opens the door for her) and walk through first. I'm pretty sure no one ever told me I was supposed to walk through a door first. So where did I learn this behavior? Also, is this a "Southern" thing? If I had been brought up in The Great North, would I still walk through doors before guys?

And finally, corn chowder is the most delicious of all soups. The end.

Image courtesy of bn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...