I think this may be my favorite meal ever (the veggies, not the cat). I kind of threw this together while I was visiting my parents over Christmas. It took a while to get everything together, but with the proper planning and timing, it would have gone a lot quicker.
- 1 Yellow squash
- 1 Orange pepper
- 1/2 yellow or sweet onion
- ~ 2 teaspoons of dried cilantro (it was good, but fresh would have been better)
- ~ 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- ~ 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy)
- ~ 1-2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- couple of tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
And for the meatetarians is the crowd, you can add chicken or steak or beef and it's great. You can also skip the veggies and cook the meat instead of the veggies, but you'd never do that, right? *Says the nutritionist-in-training shaking her finger at you!*
I made mine brown rice and homemade black refried beans (that was the long part but you could always use canned beans a instant rice) and put it down on the tortilla first. I then added the veggie mixture. On top of that, I sprinkled some cheese. Then I added tomatoes, sour cream, avocados and a sprinkling of lime juice. Just roll it up and enjoy!
P.S. - I'll post the refried beans recipe next time along with a truly delicious lime dessert!!