Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I am the best wife ever*

*According to Matt

Saturday, I was craving something warm, gooey, and chocolatey. I think this qualifies. And can you say, "Holy block of butter, Batman!"

After a somewhat disappointing dinner disaster (say that five times fast!), I was looking forward to something delicious. (What can I say, I'm just not into fish)

Matt, through his traveling, has come to appreciate a certain restaurant called Flemming's. Since he doesn't have to pay for it (because it is *really* expensive) he goes there every week and every week he gets the chocolate lava cake for dessert. He loves it. He would write sonnets to it if he were lyrically inclined.

So, when I got the chocolate itch, I decided to satisfy it with this. Mouthwatering, isn't it?

As much as I would *love* to claim the credit for this gustatory masterpiece, all brownie points are owed to brandielle at Tasty Kitchen. I found the recipe via Tastespotting, which found it at The Pioneer Woman, who got it off of Tasty Kitchen. It was a long way to go for deliciousness, but it was worth it. The recipe can be found here.

I think, next time I won't leave it in the oven as long because my ramekins are on the small side. I would also like to note, that I halved the recipe and it still turned out great (which doesn't always happen in baking)! Also, Matt said (before I even asked him) that it was a "Make Again". That's a really good sign (because Matt is pickier than most three year olds).


P.S. - What do you think of my new apron? I made it with my mom when I visited. my favorite part is that one of the lines on the apron says, "If we were meant to pop out of bed, we'd sleep in toasters." Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...